Using a network computer on the IU Bloomington campus, please go to the Indiana University, Office of Research Administration site: http://researchcompliance.iu.edu/eo/eo_citi.html
If you have completed the CITI courses while doing research at another institution, read and act upon the information in the gray box under the first three bullets. Underneath the gray box is information about each of the courses, should you want to learn more about them.
Read the first three bullets and click “Yes.”
Login with your username and password (same one used for email, Canvas, One.IU, etc.)
- A verification page may come up after you log in if you have worked on other IU campuses. Fill in updated information as required. Click “verify” when you are ready to move on.
Select “Add a course or update learner groups” under Indiana University – IU Health Courses
Add curriculum by answering a series of questions:
- Question 1: select “No” to Human Research course needed” (unless required by your lab mentor)
- Question 2: select “No” to IRB Chairs Course
- Question 3: select “No” to CITI Good Clinical Practice (GCP) unless you are interested. (This is optional, but encouraged).
- Question 4: select the best option based on your area of research
- Biomedical = biology, biochemistry, chemistry, neuroscience, medical sciences
- Social and Behavioral = social psychology, anthropology, speech & hearing
- Physical Science = physics, mathematics, geology, geography
- Question 5: select “Not at this time”
- Question 6: select “Not at this time” (This is a good course to take, but is optional)
- Question 7: select “Not at this time” (Another good course to take, but is optional)
- Question 8: select “Working with the IACUC Course” is required if you plan to use lab animals in your work. Choose the appropriate species specific electives according to your research lab.
- Question 9: select the best option depending on whether or not you work with animals.
- Questions 10 and 11: select “Not at this time”
- Question 12: If you conduct studies that use Lab animals, click on SoS- Working with the IACUS – Investigators, Staff and Students. Choose the appropriate species specific electives depending on your work or interests.
- Questions 13, 14, 15, and 16: select “no”
Press “Submit” button. You will then return to the main menu, click on the first course that you will be taking in the box below “Course.”
- First, select “Complete the Integrity Assurance Statement before beginning the course”, and follow instructions.
- Second, click on the link with the name of your course and complete the required modules
- You are not required to complete the optional modules, but are encouraged to do so.
- Once all required modules are complete, send me (firstname.lastname@example.org) notification/proof (e.g., printing out the page that lists your required modules as complete and current score % at the top). You will find this under “My Reports” on the ribbon below the CITI Program banner.
If you have any questions about the system, feel free to contact someone at Research Ethics, Education & Policy (REEP) at email@example.com or (812) 855-0656.